I was looking through old posts on Song of the Moment, and read my post about "Breakaway", by Kelly Clarkson. I had said that I felt as though no one listened, and no one was supportive. I referred specifically to my dream to sing on American Idol. Then I realized -- actually, now, there is someone who's been supportive, and said, "You can do this! I believe!" Thanks for that -- it means a lot. :)
I slam the door
Can't take this any more
All the put downs and
Derogatory words
What is so wrong with dreaming
And reaching for the stars?
Chorus
Life is hard
Be realistic
I've heard it so many times
Sick and tired of it
All I want you to say
is "I believe in you".
And now I'm gone
Living and loving it
All on my own
You didn't thiink that
I would be able to survive
But take a look at me now
Life is hard
Be realistic
You said it so many time
Sick and tired of it
Why couldn't you just say
that you believe in me?
But now he's here
Caring, supportive
All you never were
Turns out I don't need you
but just someone who believes
Go for it
Reach for the stars
All that you could never say,
Stuck in your realism
But now I just need him to say
that he believes in me
Still, I have to ask
why'd it have to be him?
Why couldn't you just say
That you believe in me?
So I know this has no consistent form...i'm just spitting my thoughts out. Ideas for revisions are welcome!
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I, at least, believe in you :)
ReplyDelete--ZS
I know. :) Who do you think I was referring to in the opening paragraph?
DeleteWait I thought the opening was about me lol ;)
ReplyDeleteLoll...sorry. Thank you for always being there to support me...it was a situational thing. In this situation, I was thinking of Zach.
ReplyDelete