Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shattered

If anyone's been following my other blogs, you'll know I've been going through a really rough time this week.  Not sure if I can put it into words, but I'll figured I need to try. Writing songs generally proves to be therapeutic for me.

You ask me what I see
When I look in your eyes
I say that I see love
You say you see the same

That was just weeks ago
But now everything's changed
Last week was the first hint
You kissed her, didn't text me.


Now I'm falling apart
Why did I give my heart
To one so wrong for me
And dream of what could be?
Now my heart's been shattered
And sorry won't fix it.

Monday it all started
beginning of the end
You said you're over me
Then turned and lied 'bout her.

Then the very next night
I went and talked to her
Not realizing that I'd hear
Betrayal, lies, and more.



Now I'm falling apart
Why did I give my heart
To one so wrong for me
And dream of what could be?
Now my heart's been shattered
And sorry won't fix it.


I'm glad she didn't lie
She has integrity
Unlike some I could name
This time, realize you have

Somone too good for you
But who's there regardless
Even though you can't be mine,
Please swear you'll treat her right.

That you won't tear her apart
Hope she didn't give her herat
To one so wrong for her
and dreams of what could be
Hope her heart won't shatter
So that sorry can't fix it.



You don't deserve her. She's too good for you. But for some reason she likes you.  I hope this time you can see a good thing when you've got it.  But if it doesn't work out...don't come running to me. Because I won't let you break my heart again.  I was determined to win you back, but now...why would I want someone who basically flaunts the fact that he's moved on? Why would I want someone who lied about moving on? Why would I want you?  So good luck. I wish you the best. But don't come crying to me if your track record comes back to bite you.


3 comments:

  1. I may not be inclined to composing/writing music, but I listen to music as much as anyone else (likely more than most, actually), and I thought I'd share this song with you. Maybe it will be of some small, tiny comfort, maybe not. But regardless, I urge you to just keep marching on. Eventually, the sun will rise on these dark days and you'll be back in the light. Just don't give up, and remember you still have friends in the people who've hurt you, regardless of what you may think now.

    March On -- Good Charlotte
    Don't cry, open up your eyes and know
    There's someone else out there that feels the same
    I'm singing to you 'cause I know what you've been through
    And now, not so long ago I felt the same

    Like soldiers march on
    If we can make it through the night
    We'll see the sun
    March on, march on

    And I remember summer nights alone
    The fireflies the only thing we own
    Yeah, all we had were dreams of California

    And I remember winters were so cold
    Hunger was the only thing we knew
    And rock 'n' roll dreamin' was what saved us

    Like soldiers march on
    If we can make it through the night
    We'll see the sun
    March on, march on

    Till we see the sun, march on, till we see the sun
    Through the good times, through the bad times
    Through the long days, through the hard nights
    Keep on till we see the sun

    Like soldiers march on
    If we can make it through the night
    We'll see the sun
    March on, march on

    Like soldiers, march on
    If we can make it through the night
    We'll see the sun
    March on, march on

    Even when there's no one there for you, march on
    Even when the days are long for you, march on
    Like soldiers, march on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely like the message of this song! It describes the mindset I'm trying to have. Thanks for being there through everything. :P

    ReplyDelete