Saturday, June 8, 2013

Waiting

So my boyfriend is currently serving a mission in Eugene, Oregon, and I won't see him again until November 2015, when I get back from my mission. I still get to hear from him in a weekly e-mail, but it's not nearly the same. So this song describes what it's like waiting for him.

It's been a month
since we last spoke
Since I heard your voice
say that you love me

Sure, you've written
but it's just not the same
I want your arms around me
and your lips on mine

I want to just sit
and while away the hours
Talking about everything
and about nothing too.

I hate all those times
When something happens
And I just want to tell you
But remember I can't

You are my other half
The Hebrew ezer knegdo
A perfect help meet
For all my problems

I know that time will fly
and we'll be back
together very soon
But still I'm waiting

Waiting for you.


Not what I first had in mind. But it works. More a poem than a song though. Ya..

No comments:

Post a Comment