Thursday, October 25, 2012

Back Then

So here's the song that I was attempting to write a couple days ago...maybe I just needed to say good-bye one last time.  Now though, I'm beginning a whole new chapter...though there will be echoes from the past.


Sitting next to him
His arm around me
My head on his shoulder
Time seems to fly

He gently squeezes my hand
Tracing designs on my palm
And suddenly I'm swept back
To a different time and place

Chorus:

It wasn't him back then
Sitting by my side
Whispering sweet nothings
In the middle of the night
But those days are dead and gone
Never to return
I have to live in the moment
And let myself move on


The memories return
Just can't hold them back
And suddenly a tear
Falls from my eye

He gently strokes my hair
And tells me it's ok
That he will never hurt me
But that just makes it worse

Because...
Chorus


Have to do something
Will not be held back
By all that's in the past
When what I have now
Is so much better than back then
I will not think about
The day's that have gone by
But focus on today, here, and now.


No...
Chorus.

I have to move on
 

No comments:

Post a Comment