Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wasn't Worth It -- Revised


I'l also be using this blog as sort of a journal, to keep track of how my songs change.  I hope this will also be helpful to my readers - I hope that being able to see where I've come from will help you give additional insight in your comments.  If you liked the original way something was worded, or don't like something I've added, you'll be able to say exactly how you wish it was instead.

That being said: Revision 1 of "Wasn't Worth It":

I still remember the day
you asked me to write you
I had my heart on my sleeve
And just couldn't say 'no'.

We'd each sworn to always
be there for the other
Said if something happened
We'd never move on


Chorus:
Got one thing right
I'll never be the same
But was it worth it
Giving my heart away?
When I didn't really mean it
All those times I said
Not going anywhere; I'll be here
Forever and always.

Guy's Part:
I was out of town
Reaching for another dream
How could I have predicted
that I'd never see you again?

So I let my own needs
Be what pulled us apart
Never saw the separation coming
Until it was already too late


Chorus


You'll always be with me
As one more thing on the list
of all those things I would change
Want to hold on, yet want to forget

 (Girls/Guys part)
But now you're gone/  So now you're gone
Never to return/  Never to return
And now to my surprise/ It took me by surprise
I find that I've moved on/ But still I can't move on


So I got one thing right
I'll never be the same
But it wasn't worth it
Giving my heart away
Since I didn't really mean it
The countless times I said
Not going anywhere, I'll be here
Forever and always

No, it wasn't worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! This is much more clear while still having a bit of mystery and ambiguity to keep it interesting. It lets the viewer kind of piece together their own idea of the story while still telling YOUR story.

    I'm glad you thought my suggestion to use two perspectives was worth implementing. I think you put it to good use! For now, I don't have any other suggestions. If I can think of something else I'll let you know, but I think you've done a pretty good job with this :).

    Hope you can get a audio version/accompaniment figured out soon- can't wait to hear how this is supposed to sound aloud.

    --Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So good news...I'm starting to hear the song in my head...bad news is I'm not sure how much of it is me and how much is from other songs...but i'm going to start playing around tomorrow...we'll see what I come up with. :) Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete